Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rain

Okay for those in the western United State of America you know that it has been a good solid week since we have had a day not filled with some very unusual weather. It has been raining almost every day, consistently for at least 10 days. This is most unusual...I live in Utah...you know...a desert.

In the state of Utah we average roughly 1.25 inches of rain in the entire month of June...so far...we have 1.5 and we aren't even half way through. I went to work this morning and thought I had stepped back into the 60's - there were so many mushrooms growing in my front yard that I felt obligated to pick them all and toss them into the garbage for fear that my children would ingest them and start another hippie movement...not that there's anything wrong with that.

So needless to say we have seen A LOT of water here during a time when we are used to seeing a lot of dusty roads and clean and shiny cars.

So on to my raving...

In spite of all this rain, I left work the other day to see a neighborhood development (one of those planned communities, not HOA or anything just an area for retirement aged folks where they have someone handle all the upkeep of the lots)...Well as I am driving by at 6:00 AM (I know it's early but I have a 45min commute each way) I notice that the sprinklers are on...Are you kidding me...my house is floating away and I have a shroom garden growing in my front yard, and you have the @!#($*@# IRRIGATION SYSTEM STILL GOING!

Sometimes I wonder...Utah is just now coming out of a 10 year drought...and although I know the watershed and crap like that have an affect...but maybe our own stupidity contributes in a major way.

This is not the only stupid thing I've seen when it comes to irrigation...I have seen countless numbers of businesses who are trying to make attempts to 'go green'...unfortunately nobody has told them that grass doesn't spontaneously emerge from asphalt. Seriously...why are we watering the road?

What makes it even better is that they are watering the road at like 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Ummm the water is practically boiling as it hits the black top. As a humble consumer peon, if I was watering the road at 3:00 in the afternoon I would be at risk of being shot...okay so at the very least a ticket from my friendly neighborhood police officer. I can't imagine that these business geniuses are being punished...and even if they are it can't be enough if they keep doing this day after day. The best part is, one of them is one of those vocational schools where you can get your GED by mail and stuff...wonder what kind of idiots are running that place, and it sure doesn't inspire much confidence...if the teacher is stupid...how are the students going to pan out?

Anyway...the lunatic mind is shutting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment